Who Can Join
All valid Philippine residents with a valid I.D. can join the program. Children aged seven (7) years and above are also qualified to join.
How To Join
Apply at the Customer Service Counter of any National Book Store. Complete the application form and pay the P100.00 fee–or to get a FREE Card, just present receipts worth P5,000 accumulated over a 12-month period. Students can avail of the special application fee of P60.00 provided they present a valid school I.D.
While waiting for the release of your new Laking National Card you can already start earning points by collecting your receipts. They will be credited when you claim your card.
Sign-up and Renewal Bonus Points
Upon signing up and renewal of membership, members receive 1,000 bonus points.
Members who availed of free membership through accumulated receipts worth P5,000 will also get 1,000 sign-up bonus points plus a maximum 5,000 bonus points.
Great reasons to become a Laking National member!
* Members earn 1 Point for every peso purchase. Points are converted to P10.00 ePurse for every 1,000 points earned. ePurse may be used any time and at any branch, to pay for the member’s purchases.
* Sign-up bonus worth 1,000 points.
* Renewal bonus worth 1,000 points.
* Discounts on selected books and non-book items on specific occasions.
* Free gift-wrapping service on special occasions such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Graduation.
* Free email alerts on in-store promotions and events.
* Discounts and freebies from partner establishments.
* Pre-sale privilege at the annual Cut Price Book Sale.
* Free premium item for every P1,000 accumulated purchase during the program’s anniversary month (October).
* Special privilege during in-store events, i.e. free entrance ticket for one companion.
* Exclusive Quick Shop Service for a minimum purchase amount worth P1,000.
Members may earn points for purchases in any National Book Store branch. Purchases valid to earn points are all books and non-book products, such as magazines, gift-wrapping materials, etc., services, such as photocopying, laminating, etc.
Purchase of items on sale is also valid for points. Points will be credited after the discount.
Purchases using the Laking National Gift Certificate or e-Purse as payment shall earn no point. Purchases of National Book Store Gift Certicates with cash or credit card will be awarded points. However, purchases using the National Book Store Gift Certificate as payment shall earn no point.
Wholesale purchases with wholesale discount are not valid for earning points.
The Laking National card must be presented upon reaching the cashier for payment to earn points. No card, no points.
e-Purse may be used to pay for purchases at any National Book Store branch, except for the purchase of NBS Gift Certificates. The member may choose the e-Purse amount to be used for payment. The remaining amount can be used at another time.
Only the member is authorized to redeem his/her e-Purse. NBS reserves the right to require the member to present a valid ID upon redemption.
E-Purse value can be used only during the validity of the card. The unused e-Purse value or points of an expired card will be transferred to the new card upon renewal, provided the card is renewed within one (1) month from the expiry date.
The Laking National card is valid for three (3) years. The expired card should be surrendered at Customer Service for renewal. A processing fee of P100 will be charged.
Points earned by cardholders who do not renew within one (1) month from the expiry date will be forfeited. Any Laking National account that is dormant for a period of three (3) consecutive years will be cancelled and all accumulated points and e-Purse value in the card will be forfeited.
To replace a faulty card, surrender the card at any NBS Customer Service Counter and complete the application form. Faulty cards issued by NBS will be replaced for free.
To replace a lost card, present a valid ID at any NBS Customer Service Counter and complete the application form. A processing fee of P100.00 will be charged. The card validity will also be adjusted by adding three (3) years. For example, a member lost his card on June 1, 2006 and expiration date of the card is December 1, 2007. When the member applies for a card replacement on July 1, 2006, the new card that would be issued to the member will have the expiration date moved to July 1, 2009.
Replacement of cards damaged due to the cardholder’s mishandling will also be charged a P100.00 replacement fee. The same rule regarding the expiration date stated above applies.
Points and e-Purse values in lost cards will be transferred to the new card.
Updating Member Information
Members are responsible for informing National Book Store of any changes in relevant personal information such as home address, email address, mobile phone, last name etc. Members may send the information via email at email@example.com.
* Your Laking National Smart Card is not transferable, including your points and e-Purse earned.
* The loyalty points reflected in National Book Store’s records and the member’s card shall be considered official.
* National Book Store has the right to determine the point value for every peso spent.
* Membership in the program may be revoked at any time should abuse, fraud, failure to follow the terms and conditions, or any misinterpretation prejudicial to the program take place. Those whose memberships have been revoked are ineligible to the rights and benefits of the program.
* Should the Laking National loyalty program be cancelled, the remaining e-Purse value must be used within 90 days from the date of cancellation. Remaining points equivalent to less than P10 e-Purse value shall be cancelled.
* National Book Store will forfeit any earned Laking National points of items returned.
* National Book Store’s failure to enforce a particular term, condition, or guideline does not constitute a continuing waiver of the term and condition.
* Laking National members are subject to these Terms and Conditions and are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions upon signing the Laking National application form.