I hope there are Harry Potter fans reading my blog, because I’m giving away a couple of authentic Harry Potter plushie keychains!
I’m not watching the upcoming movie — long story, let’s just say I have major issues with the films that prevent me from enjoying them — but I know half the world is looking forward to seeing it, so I’ll join the fanfare anyway.
I’m giving away two Gund plush keychains: a Golden Snitch and a Sorting Hat. I’ve always loved the Gund Harry Potter line because they capture the warmth and whimsicality of Harry Potter, and the detail is quite excellent, for plushies. And they’re quite faithful to the Mary Grandpre art. Too bad they didn’t make any more toys after the first movie, and they’re hard to find nowadays. I only have the Golden Snitch, the Sorting Hat, and the Harry doll.
Check out the loot (note: the HP audiobooks are for background purposes only, and are not included in the giveaway!):
1. The contest is open to Harry Potter fans in the Philippines, with a local mailing address (Restriction on family, relatives, and high school friends — see #5).
2. To join the contest, answer the question below in the comments section.
What is your favorite Harry Potter memory?
Share a story of your Harry Potter fandom, your experience reading the books, a Harry Potter-related activity you took part in (e.g. live Quidditch, or a Harry Potter party), or any personal HP-related experience that you want to share.
3. Entries will be accepted until Friday, Nov. 26th, 12 midnight, Manila time.
4. One raffle entry per email address, but ip addresses will be screened as a safeguard against spam entries. I will reply to your entry in the comments section to validate it, and I reserve the right to weed out suspicious entries.
5. Because I want the prizes to go to a Harry Potter fan, winners will be chosen according to their answers. I will judge the entries with the help of my cousin Dianne (my partner in crime in Harry Potter fandom), and we will choose our top two entries. Due to the subjective nature of the judging, siblings, relatives, and high school friends are not allowed to join.
6. Our choice for the top entry will get to choose which keychain he/she wants, while the runner-up will get the remaining keychain.
7. An email will also be sent to the winners to request their (Philippine) mailing address. Each keychain will be packaged securely and sent via a local courier.
Let me get the ball rolling, here’s one of my favorite Harry Potter memories (not counting the Harry Birthday party, or my obsessive collection of Harry Potter books in different languages): on the eve of the release of Deathly Hallows, my cousin Dianne and I attended a release party in full wizard regalia — Can you guess who we are?
Oh, and if you’re wondering about the top photo, well, we were rooting for our favorite character Severus Snape, so we had matching Snape shirts printed for the launch of the final book.
Good luck to everyone joining the giveaway — it starts now!
(For Deathly Hallows movie premium items, check out the New Worlds contest!)