Now reading: The Black Circle (The 39 Clues Book 5)
Finally, I got my hands on a copy of The Black Circle by Patrick Carman, Book 5 of The 39 Clues.
It’s a bit delayed because I miscounted the months and thought it was coming out in September, when the worldwide release was actually August 11. Whoopsies.
Anyway, readers of this blog know I’m a big fan of the series, comprised of The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan, One False Note by Gordon Korman, The Sword Thief by Peter Lerangis, Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson, and now this latest installment by Carman.
I’m having fun with the collectible cards too, only I don’t have enough time to play them… but I will one day. Haha if only I had the patience to trawl to the internet to collect surveillance codes!
As usual, I am writing a review of the book for Manila Bulletin and I don’t want to preempt it (and I’m only halfway through the book), so in the meantime, here’s a peek of Book 5 — and no spoilers, don’t worry!
1) Dan and Amy have a secret benefactor. Or is it really a benefactor?
2) Amy disses Ian Kabra (wtg girl!).
3) The book starts off in Cairo but a secret destination unfolds.
4) Some crazy costumes are involved.
5) Dan replaces what he lost in Paris, gets a new bestfriend, and a new toy!
6) Cab drivers make a lot of money.
7) An unexpected teamup happens at the new destination
8 ) There is a web of spies spread out along the trail
9) Dan and Amy find the snake pit
10) I should have known he was a Cahill.
Will have to finish this book tonight, I have an article to write!