HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
I’m greeting you just now, as my sister came home from Singapore for the holidays and we’ve been traipsing (read: eating and shopping) all over the metropolis, before she goes off on assignment in Prague.
Anyway, in the next couple of weeks, I’m wrapping up up my 2011 reads — I’m compiling this year’s book tally, and I’m happy to report I read well past last year’s total count! I am also finishing up one last bunch of reviews for you guys: some of the books I read in the last couple months are among my best reads for the year — must-reads, I promise! — so watch out for the reviews! I’ve also been hedging on reviewing my worst read for the year, so you’ll get to read that, too.
But that’s not all — because my blog is on its fourth year running this 2012 (I can’t believe I’ve been blogging since January 2009!), and because January is my birthday month, I’ve got a bunch of giveaways lined up for you guys. Starting with this one — up for grabs are two Le Petit Prince desk planners!
I did some shopping for FFP Christmas Party (Reading Rampage!), which was, aside from a bookish ball, also hinged on our book for the month, a personal favorite: The Little Prince. I got a couple extra planners for my blog, because I thought I would share the fun we had at the party through this giveaway.
Each desk planner features art from The Little Prince, printed on heavy-grade kraft paper, with detailed embellishments.
It’s undated and customizable so you can start filling it in any day of the year. And it has a built-in stand (see topmost photo), so even if you already have a planner, you can always keep this on your desktop!
1. The raffle is open to all blog readers with a Philippine mailing address.
2. To enter the raffle, leave a comment in the section below with your favorite quote from “The Little Prince”
Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
3. Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, January 10, 2012, 12 midnight, Manila time
4. One raffle entry per email address, per person (in other words one entry per person). I will reply to your entry in the comments section to validate it, and I reserve the right to weed out suspicious entries.
5. Two lucky winners will be drawn via Random.org — first two on the randomized list each win one of these two planners. Winner will be announced here within three days after the end of the entry period. Random.org screenshot will accompany the announcement of the winners.
6. An email will also be sent to the winner to request his or her (Philippine) mailing address. The prize will be packaged securely and sent via a local courier, unless I’ll be seeing the winner anytime soon (e.g. FFP book discussion, FBB meetup, quiz night, geek fight or whatnot).
The raffle officially opens as soon as this post is up.
They’re really pretty planners, so good luck! And don’t worry, if you don’t win this time, I have more giveaways lined up this month!