While waiting for the 33rd Manila International Book Fair to open for Day 2, here are some photos from yesterday’s opening.
My day was mostly occupied by Carlos Celdran’s tour of the MIBF, and the opening ceremonies.
Renowned Manila tour guide Carlos Celdran is one of the MIBF Bookworms, the official ambassadors of the MIBF, along with Stanley Chi, Tado, and Ramon Bautista.
In all my years at the MIBF, the tour was certainly a new experience!
The other part of my day was the opening ceremony later that afternoon.
Opening Day’s always busy for me, so I’m still warming up for looting (MIBF loot reportage later on).
But this is totally wreaking havoc on my willpower: ASOIAF in hardcover at the NBS booth (photo courtesy of NBS)!
Meanwhile, on to Day 2 — see you at the MIBF!
- Philippine Literary Festival
- MIBF 2014: Postscript
- MIBF 2014: The Loot Report
- MIBF 2014: Day Two Report
- MIBF 2014: Day One Report
- See you at the MIBF!
- Stephanie Perkins in Manila (+ giveaway!)
- Jenny Han in Manila
- Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi, and Ransom Riggs (+giveaway!)
- Becca Fitzpatrick in Manila